Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Literature Quest

Here comes another time report. Today I haven't done much at all, but yesterday we did some good stuff. I assisted Jeena in trying to communicate with Erlang from C (and thus JS), and prior to that I read Joe Armstrong's thesis on Erlang, it's a really really good read for anyone wanting to know more about Erlang and OTP. I believe it was written some time around 2003, but it is according to my analysis still current.

I also read a report which was mainly focused on postmortem analysis of crashed Erlang applications / systems, and included a new tool to aid in this. This tool was cool and all, but what was really good about that report was that it also covered a good deal of how to properly write fault tolerant Erlang applications.

In total I spent around 6 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment